* Directory

Lost an episode? Need quick mobile access? On the hunt? Check out...

The MZPtv Directory

Every script. Every episode.
Every movie.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Re: RAGNAROK discussion by el Monstruo-0
[Wed Aug 16 2017, 08:11]

Re: RAGNAROK discussion by The Boy Slayer
[Mon Aug 14 2017, 00:56]

Re: Game of Thrones by Guy01
[Sun Aug 13 2017, 21:05]

Re: SiB S5: The Writer's tale by Jadams
[Fri Aug 11 2017, 13:09]

Re: SiB S5: The Writer's tale by el Monstruo-0
[Fri Aug 11 2017, 09:39]

Re: SiB Season Five (The Season That Wasn't) by el Monstruo-0
[Fri Aug 11 2017, 08:13]

Re: SiB Season Five (The Season That Wasn't) by ChrisH
[Thu Aug 10 2017, 13:53]

[Wed Aug 9 2017, 11:29]

Re: RAGNAROK discussion by ChrisH
[Wed Aug 9 2017, 10:16]

[Wed Aug 9 2017, 08:16]

Re: RAGNAROK discussion by Ramble Robb
[Mon Aug 7 2017, 22:48]

Re: RAGNAROK: An MZPtv Buffyverse Mini-Series by el Monstruo-0
[Mon Aug 7 2017, 15:38]

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Spiders: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: MZPtv: Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 15826 times)

Offline el Monstruo-0

• Word Squirrel Omnishambles
  • MZPtv Founder
  • The ribs that flipped over Fred Flintstone's car
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 233
MZPtv: Frequently Asked Questions
« on: Sat Feb 28 2009, 18:46 »
MZPtv Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What does MZPtv do?

A: MZPtv is a long-running web fiction community of amateur and aspiring writers, where our users have committed countless hours to writing various types of fiction for people's reading pleasure. Though our primary output has been the scripted Virtual Series (fiction written in screenplay format, "aired" online in a similar structure to a TV series), we accept a variety of different content types, including prose, audio, and video.

MZPtv also strives to provide our community with all sorts of writing tips, resources, articles, links, and recommended reading, along with plenty of entertainment-related discussion and silliness.

Q: What is a "Virtual Series"?

A: An online series that works as a "real" TV show would, just not filmed or put on TV. Each series is written by talented writers from all over the world, sometimes solo, sometimes in a team. A Virtual Series can be written in prose or in script, with a script often taking the form of a 22 minute comedy (around 30 pages) or a 42 minute drama (around 55 pages) episode of the show itself.

Each episode is uploaded to our website and posted both there and on our forums for people to then open and read at their leisure. Each series has a schedule, usually weekly -- much like a real television series. Some shows air on an unscheduled basis, posting episodes whenever they're finished.

MZPtv strives to produce content of a high quality that provides all the thrills, laughs and excitement you'd get from a real television series or movie.

Virtual Series often have "Fantasy Casting", where the producers of each show will pick an actor or actress that they think would best fit the role. None of these actors have any association with MZPtv, and the act of fantasy casting is purely for fun.

Q: How do I join? What are the benefits?

A: Sign up for a membership by using the 'Register' link at the top of our community forums.

The benefits are that members get newsletters and updates of what's going on at MZPtv, as well as the ability to join in with any of our shows, either as a writer or as a producer. We have a thriving community of writers and readers who enjoy chatting about all manner of topics, including television, books, and movies, as well as helping each other improve their writing (both script and prose).

Q: I have an idea for a Virtual Series, prose serialisation, web comic, audio series, or video series. How do I tell you about it?

A: First, sign up for a membership by using the "Register" link at the top of our community forums. Introduce yourself in The Welcome Mat and get involved by joining in with whatever discussions you like. We want people to be ingrained with our community before we "pick up" your Virtual Series to air on the MZPtv website and forums. We want to get to know YOU!

When you think you're ready, you can "pitch" your idea in our Pitch Arena forum. That's where to start.

If you have any questions, you can send any of our Admins or Moderators a Private Message (PM). They can be found with RED or BLUE usernames on the forums/online list.

We're all friendly and willing to help, no matter what the query.

Q: What about movies? I also have a small mini-series that runs for about two to six episodes...

A:We cater for both Movies and Mini-Series ideas. Again, throw your idea into the Pitch Arena and see if anyone likes it!

Q: I want to write for one of your shows. How do I sign up?

A: Head for the Calling All Staffers! board and look for an available job. We're always looking for new staff members.

Typically, the relevant show's producer will contact you and ask to see some samples of your work before giving you a job. If you're new to writing, don't worry -- we have sections of the board designed to get you started! Try our Writing Class board if you need advice.

Q: I already have a Virtual Series, prose serialisation, web comic, audio series, or video series. How do I get it on to MZPtv to get some more viewers?

A: Register on our community forums and contact somebody from the Admin or Moderator team. They can be found with RED or BLUE usernames on the forums/online list. There's always someone willing to direct your query to the right person. We'll try and find a place to link to your show in one of our Virtual Series boards to get you some more promotion, or add you to our affiliates page. We're open to working with anyone!
« Last Edit: Mon Aug 17 2015, 14:42 by el Monstruo-0 »