* Directory

Lost an episode? Need quick mobile access? On the hunt? Check out...

The MZPtv Directory

Every script. Every episode.
Every movie.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Jay
[Sun Dec 10 2017, 04:58]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Stevie_G
[Sat Dec 9 2017, 00:51]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Stevie_G
[Sat Dec 9 2017, 00:39]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Tony Black
[Fri Dec 8 2017, 14:02]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by worldbreaker
[Thu Dec 7 2017, 18:52]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by el Monstruo-0
[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:47]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:45]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:40]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:11]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 15:55]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Tony Black
[Thu Dec 7 2017, 13:56]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Jadams
[Tue Dec 5 2017, 20:26]

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Spiders: 4
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Season Eight Discussion  (Read 12662 times)

Offline el Monstruo-0

• Word Squirrel Omnishambles
  • MZPtv Founder
  • The ribs that flipped over Fred Flintstone's car
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Season Eight Discussion
« Reply #75 on: Fri Sep 24 2010, 09:34 »
I always wondered how the gang would deal if faced with fighting something huge.  The Mayor was pretty big when he ascended but that's more because he was a long snake.  I'm guessing it's going to be a little difficult for them to go after something as tall as the dragon demon.

Yeah, I was definitely thinking Godzilla-sized when I wrote this. So much fun to write :D

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Fri Sep 24 2010, 09:37 »
Plus we have references to things that have happened this season like Emmily's words to Jackson plus Joyce to Dawn 'When it get's bad she won't pick you, she will be against you'.
Joyce's words from S7 was a plot point that Darren never felt got explained properly in the show, so he wanted to tie it to something more solid here and I think it works great because of that.

I'm still not a fan of Jackson, I much prefer Jody as an original character.  I don't think the show needed another supernatural being thrown into the gang, plus I don't find him that interesting and his and Buffy's romance moved far too quickly.
Yeah, the majority of people (some staff included) would agree with you on that one. The first half of S9 underwent some heavy rewrites to accommodate those concerns. My first experience with a Mary Sue kind of character!

Kilee Martin

« Reply #77 on: Thu Dec 23 2010, 22:30 »
I'm new here, and I haven't read the season in its entirety, but I have read bits and pieces, episodes here and there, and let me just say: PHENOMENAL. The writing, particularly where dialogue is concerned, is spot-on from what I've seen.

I'm not sure how much I'm giving away, sooo... just to be safe -

(click to show/hide)

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Thu Dec 23 2010, 23:05 »
Which is exactly what we like to hear ^_^

Offline Matthew Steele

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Writer/Comic Enthusiast/Showrunner
    • My Personal Blog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #79 on: Sun May 1 2011, 17:28 »
I just started reading Season 8. I'm up to episode 4. Enjoying it pretty well so far. Jackson is actually a character that I like quite a bit. He seems pretty laid back when it comes to the whole demons,monsters, vampires and other bump in the nights out there.

The whole thing with Dawn so far is kinda i dunno. I don't trust her, she's got those shifty eyes.

I did enjoy seeing Anya back. That was very cool. Tho, it did seem to mirror Spike reappearing in Season 5 of Angel a little bit. But that's okay.

So far, I'm enjoying season 8 better than the Season 8 Buffy comics. which is saying a lot. since i love the show so much.
"Familiar Worlds. Original Stories."

"I ate some bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S." - Deadpool

"You come in and your whole goal is to write the story you would like to pick up and read that day more than any other one in the world." - Scott Snyder

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sun May 1 2011, 18:38 »
Cool :)

Offline Matthew Steele

• MZPtv Community Member
    • My Personal Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Tue May 3 2011, 17:50 »
I'm up to episode 11 of Season 8. Have to say that it is completely wonderful. It's pretty awesome to see Dawn actually come into her own with this season so far. I would have to agree with those that said that in Season 6 and 7 she was a little bit underutilized.

Still trying to figure out what's going on with Jackson. I did like Ellen and Emmily. That was a good story. It was also nice to see Riley once again. Though, I dunno if he has gone crazy or not. Cause I'm kinda torn on whose story should I believe.

I've liked anya's character development this season. It definitely feels like it's where they would have taken her character.

Does Buffy ever find out that Spike is alive? That's one thing I'm kinda interested to find out.

The character of Kennedy. She was a character that i felt was pretty underutilized and caught a lot of flack from fans of Willow/Tara. But, I think this definitely proves that she is a great character.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what happens over the course of the remaining episodes of Season 8. From which, I'll be jumping over to Angel Season 6. Since I tend to read the episodes in order as an entire season instead of switching from one to the next.

"You come in and your whole goal is to write the story you would like to pick up and read that day more than any other one in the world." - Scott Snyder

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Tue May 3 2011, 20:10 »
Darren, who ran Season Eight and set up the early version of S9, loved Anya so made sure she had a great arc - she's got a good episode coming up in 'Suddenly Human', and some fantastic stuff in Season Nine to look forward to. I honestly can't remember how we handled the Spike & Buffy thing in the end - hopefully not too badly! I think it might have been with the Angel S6 crossover 'And Another Thing'.

Offline Matthew Steele

• MZPtv Community Member
    • My Personal Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Thu May 12 2011, 03:03 »
finished reading Season 8. it was phenomenal and epic. this is definitely my official version of season 8. while i enjoyed the comics for season 8, something felt off. it just wasn't ringing true to Buffy.

this, definitely has the something that was missing. it felt right and everyone was true to their characters. im almost 100% gonna be printing off copies of it and binding them into a couple of hardcovers to sit on my shelf.

cant wait to read more of Season 9. i'm up ot episode 5 so far. seems like the first four episodes were setting up stuff. it felt like a four episode premiere basically.

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Thu May 12 2011, 08:42 »
Joss himself has said he felt the Season Eight comics did go too far off track at times - he wanted to take advantage of the unlimited budget of imagining large scale stuff in comic format, but admits they got a bit too carried away which is why things ended on a much lower-key note. Season Nine, when that starts publishing, is going to be back to Buffy basics.

As for us, the MZP Season Eight is always a big pull on here because it opens people up into the wider MZP Buffyverse - Angel, Faith, Slayer Academy and then Connor, Fate and Hell's Gate (which go off the TV continuity, not ours), and as I wrote 7 of that to Darren's 11, I rightly proud of it ^_^

Darren wrote the first four episodes of Season Nine solo before he went away for good, and the Season underwent a lot of rewrites as a result after initially airing because we were trying to work to his very brief outlines. Eventually we just chucked a lot of it out and started fresh, so the Season Nine you're reading is the preferred version!

KWest

« Reply #85 on: Thu May 12 2011, 20:52 »
Been considering delaying my reading of Slayer Academy as the wife and I revisit the Buffy TV show. I'm thinking that once I finish the show, I might jump into this show, and read the MZP-tv Buffyverse stuff in order. If the first Slayer Academy episode showed me anything, it's that a greater knowledge of the previous shows is probably needed to enjoy it more.

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Thu May 12 2011, 21:55 »
We did our best to make both Faith and Slayer Academy as accessible as possible to newcomers, especially people who hadn't necessarily read the MZP Buffy and Angel seasons, so don't let that put you off :)

However! If you're starting from scratch then the plan is that the Buffy/Angel TV shows should flow into the MZP Buffyverse to form one monstrous smorgasbord of entertainment. That's the plan, anyway...

Offline Matthew Steele

• MZPtv Community Member
    • My Personal Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Fri May 13 2011, 22:04 »
i think it's fair to say that the shows flow pretty well into the MZP seasons. I'm still reading Season 9 and it's pretty good so far. I do like the baddie The Caretaker (which weird enough i'm getting the picture of The Tall Man from Phantasm, except for completely white skin) I'm still kinda undecided bout how I feel bout the whole "The Circle" characters and everything.

i did enjoy Willow getting the jump on Giles quite a bit.

after i finish with Buffy, i'll be reading all of Angel. what would u recommend after that? Faith following or Slayer's Academy?

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sat May 14 2011, 11:50 »
Well, Buffy leads directly into Slayer Academy in a lot of ways, Faith goes off and does its own thing. Depends if you want a break or not :)

Offline David Nicholas

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Ello, I'm the Doctor
    • Impulse Productions Corp.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #89 on: Wed Nov 28 2012, 02:34 »
I love this! So far, I'm only just now finishing episode 2, but it was great! And the end, I was like...  :wtf: but it was pretty cool

Offline Tony Black

• Writer. Mentor. Manchild.
  • Community Leader
  • Always bet on black.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 864

Offline el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked: