* Directory

Lost an episode? Need quick mobile access? On the hunt? Check out...

The MZPtv Directory

Every script. Every episode.
Every movie.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Spiders: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Captain America & The Howling Commandos  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Captain America & The Howling Commandos
« on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:23 »

Click the icon to read, or right click to download script link.

Based on characters created by
JOE SIMON & JACK KIRBY

Developed for VS by
TOM EAST

When the Allied forces' lead scientist, Howard Stark, is captured from a military base in Great Britain, President Roosevelt and head of the Strategic Scientific Reserve Jack Fury call together an emergency response team of highly-trained individuals to get Stark back. Summoned back to the front lines to lead the team is none other than the USA's most famous war hero, Captain America, but when a broken man is left in charge of a team that refuses to work together, things may not go so smoothly...

GUEST STARRING

« Last Edit: Wed Nov 5 2014, 18:54 by Vaughn »

Kyle MacDonald

Re: Captain America & The Howling Commandos
« Reply #1 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:24 »
Tom, as promised.  A review of Captain America and the Howling Commandos.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:24 »
Aaah, thank you very much for the speedy read and review, Kyle! I'm really, really glad you like it! :D

(click to show/hide)

Once again, thanks for reading and I'm so so glad you liked it!

Offline P.A. Wilson

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:25 »
(click to show/hide)

Offline el Monstruo-0

• Word Squirrel Omnishambles
  • MZPtv Founder
  • The ribs that flipped over Fred Flintstone's car
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #4 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:25 »
All read up, here are some ramblings:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:25 »
(click to show/hide)

Thank you for reading! I'm really glad you enjoyed the episode. :D

(click to show/hide)

Hopefully you'll enjoy future episode as much, eh? Thanks again for reading and reviewing!

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:25 »
All read up, here are some ramblings:

(click to show/hide)

Hey Lee, thanks for giving this a read!

(click to show/hide)

I hope you enjoy the upcoming season and thank you very much for the review! :D
« Last Edit: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:26 by Vaughn »

Offline Andrew

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Spyder Comics
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #7 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:26 »
I finally checked this out over the vacation in Florida and I have to say that I'm intrigued by this and I can't wait till the show actually starts because I'm interested in seeing what happens.  I don't know if this story is actually based on a story or you just took the CA character and created your own story line - that's cool.  Your writing is quite smooth and enjoyable.

8/10

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:26 »
Thanks for reading, Andrew! I'm real glad you enjoyed it. :D

Offline khurd15

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:26 »
Tom,
I have so many shows to review. But I actually got a chance to sit down and read this. I Love it :). Your writing is spot on and you have a real eye for these relationships!! I cant wait to see how it plays out!!!
I'll write you an indepth review as soon as i review Easy and the countless other shows :D

Good Job Mate!!!

10/10

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:27 »
Sorry for the late reply but thanks for reading! I'm really glad you liked the pilot episode and hopefully you'll enjoy the full series just as much when it airs in late summer! :D

Also yay for plans to review Easy!

Offline khurd15

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:27 »
TOM EAST :D

First I would like to say that I enjoyed this script very much. It was well-written (Save for the typos) and thoroughly thought out :). At the VPN you havent witnessed how I review series, well get ready....because this is gunna be a lengthy one. Even including questions and other fun miscellaneous things :).

Second, I have watched your youtube videos and you are absolutely adorbs :). Like the fact that you are that amazing/adorable should be cataloged and saved for years and years to come. (Mind you....I've had a bit to drink. So if there is a huge amount of flirting from my end....ignore it.....or not.hahaha).

Alright....SO....lets gets started on what I liked for this Pilot:

-The casting of each character. I feel like you did a somewhat better job than the movies to be honest. I could actually picture them as the characters. And normally I dont so good on you.
-The relationship between Cap and Bucky
-Peggy Carter is a BAMF
-The fact Falcon is in WW2 and an ally of Cap. I figured he would be involved.
-Stark and Peggy interactions (I really want them to get together)
-Bucky and Dugan friendship
-Peggy being apart of the commandos :)
-Jack Fury :)
-Howard Stark being adorbs!!!
- That Ending THOUGH!!!!!

Alright....now that I finished the things I liked. Lets get to the characters of this Pilot.

Steven Rogers/Captain America: SO first off, good choice picking Kellan Lutz. He is pretty much my second go to actor for Captain America aside from Chris Evans.haha. I really like how you made Steve this sort of hero through the tragic losses in his life. The thing I enjoyed the most about Steve is that instead of Bucky being his go to bestie, its Sam and that really makes me happy. I also enjoyed how the Bucky and Steve relationship is so antagonistic that they will literally almost trade blows with eachother...its pretty great. But I digress that I really hope you dont make them into besties. I feel like there relationship should stay at this angle for a bit and see it from a different perspective than the best friends turned enemies thing. Oh and another thing....I enjoyed the fight scene with Crossbones. Very well written. :D

James "Bucky" Barnes: Bucky was always my favorite sidekick. When I read Cap Comics when I was a kid, I always wanted to be a teen sidekick to a superhero, and Bucky paved the way for that. The way you have re-created Bucky in this series is FAN f**kING TASTIC :D. I mean I enjoy the fact that he is a sarcastic little shit who pretty much has a narrow minded view on everything. His relationship with Steve, like i said before, is SO much better this way under your masterful tutelage. I mean I enjoy the banter and the fact that these two, although begrudgingly allies, still dislike eachother with a passion.  I hope later on there relationship gets to a point where they wont try to kill eachother.

Peggy Carter: The 1940's era Buffy :). She is a BAMF and she doesnt even need to reapply mascara.hahaha. But on the real side, I enjoy the fact that you have this female presence in the show. I always pictured shows like this having at least ONE female who balanced out the domineering men. I for one cant wait to see what you have in store for this little lady later on down the line. Her interactions with Stark are to die for. Please keep those coming. I ship them :D. Also the fact that she pretty much took out those Hydra soilders and kicked so much ass throughout this entire episode......just shows that she is a true howling commando. No matter what the gender.

Falsworth:
The Calm One. I enjoyed that he was the one that was not a complete douche nozzle. I dont remember much about him from the comics, BUT, I will definitely do my research now. And I am definitely looking forward to him being the highlight of this show. And Im also picturing him as the voice of reason. Considering everyone has there own crazy opinions and Ideas, and sometimes arguments.

Sam Wilson/Falcon: YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I enjoyed him in this PILOT so much :D. Like lets be real, the Cap/Falcon dynamic is just awesome and I like that you placed it in WW2 era Captain America. His relationship with Steve in this pilot was pretty great and I honestly see them becoming besties with testies :D. So good on you. I cant wait to see what you do with him :). He is by far my favorite Marvel Character aside from the Runaways and the Young Avengers.

Dum Dum Dugan:
I dislike him so far. Idk....I mean sure he has outstanding Marvel history in the comics but he seems like an utter douche nozzle. WHICH IS PERFECT. More on him later.

Howard Stark: Man....all i can say is that he and Peggy better end up together. Because if you pull a Joss Whedon and kill one of them off.......I will be VERY UPSET.hahahaha

Questions:
1. So what made you decide to do a series about Cap in WW2 times?
2. Will Hydra be the main villian for the series or will others pop up to take its place?
3. Why did you add Falcon tot he Commandos?
4. Out of all the charatcers who is your favorite? Aside from Cap?hahaha
5. Will Steve and Bucky have the same relationship from the comics or are you gunna keep there history/story strictly antagonistic?
6. Will you add more members to the Commandos or is this the core squad for now?
7. So will we see a catfight between Peggy and Madame Hydra? Because to be honest....that would be hot :)
8. Why did you decide to do Steve/Bucky's relationship from this antagonistic angle?
9. What is your favorite scene out of this pilot?
10. How many seasons do you see this series running for?!

All in All.....Tom, You did a good job with this pilot and I cant wait for the series. So you get a 10/10 friend :D. Keep up the good work :D

P.S. Told you I keep pinkie promises :)

Offline Tom East

• MZPtv Community Member
  • The Star-Spangled Man
    • Loser King Tommy
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:27 »
I'm pretty much the worst person ever and forgot to reply to your review, Khurd! Thanks for taking the time out to read the pilot and I'm really glad you liked it! In answer to your questions:

1) I'd always wanted to explore Cap's presence in WWII a lot more than the movies had time so this seemed like a perfect project to explore when the BZN came around!
2) HYDRA will be the overarching villain of the series but there'll be a lot of fighting the everyday-Nazis too.
3) Honestly, one big reason was for the representation because I really didn't want a team of 'white dudes plus token girl' and with Sam being one of Steve's best friends in the comic canon it made a lot of sense. Plus we get to explore race in the wartime era and Sam brings something totally different to the table so it all works out really!
4) My favorite characters to write are probably Peggy and Stark.
5) Steve and Bucky's background is explored in their character bios but we'll get to understand it a lot more in the show. They've definitely always been enemies.
6) For now, this is the core squad. We'll see what happens to the roster in future seasons!
7) You'll have to wait and see. Peggy's definitely going to do her fair share of ass-kicking. ;)
8) I felt like having Steve and Bucky as enemies would make a good change from them being best friends like in the comic and movie canons, plus it gives us another sort of relationship to play with on the show.
9) I really loved writing the Cap/Crossbones fight and the banter between Peggy and Howard in all their scenes.
10) Three seasons.

Sorry for the long wait but again, thank you for reading! Hope you'll come back when the series starts proper! :D

Offline Carey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #13 on: Wed Oct 22 2014, 15:27 »
A few months late but better than never.

(click to show/hide)