User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Spiders: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic:  Season Four Discussion  (Read 5614 times)

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Season Four Discussion
« Reply #35 on: Thu Sep 10 2009, 23:23 »
Definately nothing wrong with extra Slayer Academy but it just felt a little awkward reading those two episodes after being so used to the standard 4 Act set up of the past 3 and half seasons.  I definately welcome any extra time for Frankie though, I love reading her.

Offline ChrisH

• Always believe in something.
  • Community Supervisor
  • Optimistic. Snarky. Believes In Stars.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #36 on: Mon Sep 14 2009, 00:33 »
As do we all....

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Mon Sep 21 2009, 14:17 »
Had a busy couple of weeks so fell behind on reading season 4 so I had a mini-marathon reading the rest of the season yesterday/today and all I can say is wow.  Wow, wow, wow.  You guys have set up a hell of a lot for next season haven't you.  I'm kinda happy that Sofia took a backseat for the last few episodes of the season.  Like I said in an earlier post I didn't want this season to be all about her redemption.

For the most part I love reading Reiko but her two references to Paris Hilton in Destiny Part 1 and 2 irritated me.  In an earlier post I said that I thought you were tieing the Jossverse into his Fray comic by using the virus to wipe out the slayer line and now we find out that Reiko is the last of the chosen, maybe that is why there hasn't been a slayer for centuries.

I never really liked Maria so her death didn't really bother me until I saw what it did to Erika and what it pushed her to do.  Big shock there!!!  I hope that you guys find someway to close her story off without going the easy route and having her 'cursed' with a soul.  Looking forward to reading her and Skye's run ins next season.

Speaking of souls Victory now has hers back.  I wonder if the academy are going to take her in and help her to recover and then let her joint he ranks.  Or will she be sent to a council facility as punishment for what she's done?  If you do have her at the academy then I hope you guys do a better job of portraying her trying to come to grips with what she has done than they did with Spike in Buffy season 7 as that annoyed the shit out of me.

I hope Hamish is dead, I never really liked him as the villain.  I'm hoping that Jilhandra will be back next season though.  I'm waiting for her and Kira to have their final showdown.  I would have preferred it if Delaney lost her magic because she broke her rule and killed Jendayi but it also made sense that she lost them they way she did.  Looking forward to see her cope without her magic but I guess it's kinda balanced out now that Greg is as powerful as he is.

Rachel!  I was genuinely upset when she died, as in I was close to tears.  However seeing as how her body went missing I'm hoping (and praying) that she will be back next season, even if it's something as lame as her coming back as a pet cat for Reiko!  Hopefully her body wasn't taken by Hamish.  Did I mention how I don't like him?  Oh that reminds me.  Hamish is Delaney's father!!!!!  I'm really intrigued as to what Kira put in her magically sealed envelopes.  I wonder if it mentions Hamish being Delaney's father?

The final scene with the reporters bombarding our girls with questions is amazing.  It opens up a whole new world of possibilities for plot lines.  I'm hoping for a mention of Faith and her old rogue ways or maybe even a cameo.  And I wonder if Buffy is gonna speak up about all the good she has done?  Eek, I'm insanely excited for season 5 now.  My only problem is that I'll have to wait each week for it.  Booooooo!

Offline Lee A. Chrimes

• Word Squirrel Omnishambles
  • MZPtv Founder
  • The ribs that flipped over Fred Flintstone's car
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #38 on: Mon Sep 21 2009, 19:05 »
Woo! Glad you enjoyed it. We've certainly got a ot of plots up in the air for Season Five - hence why it's taking its time to come around - but we hope you'll like where we go with things.

Until then, don't forget that the 'One Year Later' webisodes are up for your perusal in the S5 board!

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mon Sep 21 2009, 19:23 »
Currently reading the season 4 webisodes then on to the 'One Year Later' ones...

nickvo09

« Reply #40 on: Wed Oct 6 2010, 21:03 »
So I'm on episode seven right now, just about to start it, and I'm liking the season so far. It seems a little syndicated, much like how Heroes starts a story then waits a few episodes before jumping back into it. I like the format this season, it seems much better than season three so far. I'm excited that Kira is finally going to be brought back into the show finally and I really want to know more about Hamish's, Debbie's and Maria's storylines for this season. I also want to know more about Josh's storyline and how he got his powers. One question I do have is if the virus afffects every Slayer, then will this tie over to Faith as well (preferably without any spoilers, since I still have a season of Faith to read, I'm on season four).

My favorite episode so far was Side Effects (episode five) since it brought the Shadow Men back into the fold and really made me want to know who the actual Chosen Line is.

But all in all, good season so far. Going back to reading now! :lol:

Offline Lee A. Chrimes

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Thu Oct 7 2010, 09:19 »
Ah, Faith S4 takes place before this season of Slayer Academy, so the Virus won't be mentioned until the final season of Faith - it takes place between seasons, if you get me.

Which reminds me, I need to make a better MZP Jossverse chronology timeline soon...

Offline Lee A. Chrimes

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Thu Mar 26 2015, 12:18 »
I've just put the Season Four 'soundtrack' I edited and mixed on while I'm at work - hoo boy, this is bringing back some feels right now

Offline Matthew Steele

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Writer/Comic Enthusiast/Showrunner
    • My Personal Blog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 318
« Reply #43 on: Thu Mar 26 2015, 12:31 »
I've just put the Season Four 'soundtrack' I edited and mixed on while I'm at work - hoo boy, this is bringing back some feels right now

That is fantastic. Good feels or bad feels?
"Familiar Worlds. Original Stories."

"I ate some bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S." - Deadpool

"You come in and your whole goal is to write the story you would like to pick up and read that day more than any other one in the world." - Scott Snyder

Tags: