* Directory

Lost an episode? Need quick mobile access? On the hunt? Check out...

The MZPtv Directory

Every script. Every episode.
Every movie.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Jay
[Sun Dec 10 2017, 04:58]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Stevie_G
[Sat Dec 9 2017, 00:51]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Stevie_G
[Sat Dec 9 2017, 00:39]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Tony Black
[Fri Dec 8 2017, 14:02]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by worldbreaker
[Thu Dec 7 2017, 18:52]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by el Monstruo-0
[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:47]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:45]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:40]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 16:11]

[Thu Dec 7 2017, 15:55]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Tony Black
[Thu Dec 7 2017, 13:56]

Re: The Great MZPtv Reboot 2018 by Jadams
[Tue Dec 5 2017, 20:26]

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Spiders: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Season Four Discussion  (Read 5480 times)

Offline Michael Jay

• MZPtv Community Member
    • GypsyVerse Productions
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Season Four Discussion
« Reply #25 on: Thu Jun 18 2009, 20:24 »
Two years after the fact, you can tell me.

Really. Was there a plan in mind for Tyson when he was introduced?

Online el Monstruo-0

• Word Squirrel Omnishambles
  • MZPtv Founder
  • The ribs that flipped over Fred Flintstone's car
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #26 on: Thu Jun 18 2009, 22:49 »
Yep, absolutely. We kind of fudged the reveals on that in the end, but what loose ends remain will actually get cleared up in one of the 'One Year Later' webisodes.

Offline Carey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #27 on: Mon Jul 20 2009, 09:53 »
I'm curious to see what happens with Rachel, seeing as her body is missing.

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #28 on: Mon Sep 7 2009, 15:29 »
Started reading season 4 earlier today and thought I'd give my thoughts on what's happened so far...

Girl, Incognito:  I liked the whole Skye working with Delaney thing in this episode.  Great to see that Delaney is a little more accepted as part of the team now.  Sofia not remembering who she is is an interesting idea.  Especially liked that she had done it to herself.

Safe Passage:  Sofia's return to the academy was great and the fact that everyone knows what she did besides her is awesome.  I wonder what Reiko has in store for her?  Slayers that have become vampires?  An interesting threat.  Hopefully some of them will have survived the fire and will return.  Maybe Skye will try and get vamped again but this time she could loose her soul.  Hmmmm.

Will comment on the next bunch of episodes when I've finished reading them.

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Tue Sep 8 2009, 14:18 »
Read a few more this morning so here we go...

Theory of Relativity:  I already prefer Josh to Braeden as the anti slayer.  I wonder who's blood they are looking for?  My bet is Skye but I guess we will see soon enough.  Anna's mum irritated me, I would have liked to see her reaction to finding out her daughter was dead and I wonder if Erika told her it was Josh that killed her?  Zoe was a good addition after all the deaths of last season and all the slayers that have already died and will die due to the virus.  I'm glad that this season hasn't been very Sofia heavy, I mean I like her but I didn't want it to all be about getting her memories back and her redemption.

Honour Among Thieves:  I love Rachel so great to see a Rachel-centric episode.  Interesting to see that Dana's abilities are having a negative effect on Rachel with her struggling to block out people's thoughts.  I like that she knew all along what Caitlin/Bridget/Mallory was up to but she wanted to show her that she could trust her and was welcome to return.  The reveal that Mallory is working for Hamish more than likely means she will be back to cause some trouble for our girls so I'm getting ready to see a bit more of her.

Side Effects:  Is it just me or did Willow seem a lot less powerful in this episode than in her previous visit?  Anyway besides that I enjoyed her guest appearance.  I'm very intrigued by the whole 'Chosen Few' thing that Frankie was told about, I wonder who they are?  As to the female vampire with a soul my immediate thoughts were Skye but I reckon there is a possibility that maybe there is someone else out there.  I always love episodes that show consequences to previous actions so the fact that the anti-slayer was created due to the balance being disrupted was great.

Within:  I loved this episode.  Great to see a bit of background on Fitzgerald and also Cassandra.  The experimentation on potentials and now slayers by the council showed an incredibly dark side to them.  I was eally upset by what happened to Debbie, I was really hoping to have her back at some point but now that looks bleak.  I'm glad Barbara wasn't in the facility though, I still have hope for her.  Even through everything that she did last season I still feel sorry for Cassandra but am intrigued how she got from being dead to working for the Cabal.  So Mallory has given Delaney a place to search for Kira.  Is this gonna be a trap or her paying her debt like she said?  And Maria is ill with the virus.  A fair bit happened in this episode which, even though I'm only six in is my fave so far.
« Last Edit: Tue Sep 8 2009, 14:24 by xander260 »

Offline RJ Alden Lackie

• Community Supervisor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #30 on: Tue Sep 8 2009, 19:42 »
A fair bit happened in this episode which, even though I'm only six in is my fave so far.

Just gonna step in and give great thanks for this little tidbit. :) I worked hard on this ep, having helped develop a fair bit of the Fitz/Cass backstory, so I'm very very glad you enjoyed. I regret Debbie's 'end' here, too, but... there's two more seasons ahead to revisit her. Whether we do or not, of course, I shant say.

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Wed Sep 9 2009, 08:45 »
I regret Debbie's 'end' here, too, but... there's two more seasons ahead to revisit her. Whether we do or not, of course, I shant say.

Now that's just not fair!  I do hope that we at least get some mention of her before the end of season 5.  Even though she wasn't the best slayer in terms of action she certainly proved her strong will and I hope that she at least starts to make a recovery.  Or in the series finale she could swoop in and save the day!!!

And no need to thanks me, I like to give credit where it's due.

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Wed Sep 9 2009, 15:58 »
Couldn't sleep so read some more in the early hours and here's my thoughts...

Mercy:  I've like Frankie since day one and recently she has kind of taken a background role so it was great to see her have the chance to shine again.  This girl is all about the heartbreak isn't she!  First her baby, then her arm, followed by starting to lose her slayer powers and now Dunstall.  When is she gonna get a break?  I have a strange feeling that she is gonna survive till the series finale and then she will die but please let her live and have her happy ending.  So the council didn't stop the old way of cruciamentums because of the danger and risk but because the serum was speeding up the depowerment and Frankie's dad knew so stopped her from taking hers.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall next time she speaks to him.  Victory really intrigues me, can't wait to see where you guys go with her character.

Breakout:  So Delaney is more than likely one of the chosen few with the way her blood reacted to the scythe.  I'm glad Delaney stuck  to her morals and didn't kill Josh when she had the chance to although that's a decision that will more than likely come back to bite her in the arse.  Mallory helped again, my bet is that next time we see her she will die or already be dead.  I get really annoyed when reading continuations or spin offs where writers make reference to the 'actors' latest films or CD so the Katherine Heigl reference really irritated me.  Other than that this was a great episode filled with some great action scenes, in particular Josh and Delaney's fight.

Mother, Mother:  I have two words for this episode...Xander YAY!!!  I love Xander, he was my favourite character in the series so I always enjoy his appearances and I think he was spot on here.  Another big plus for me this episode was the Barbara reference, even if it was a negative one regarding her 'bad management'.  And I suspected that Kira was infact Evelyn Pierce meaning that she is Greg's mother and Delaney is his sister.  I thought that this was a great plotline as poor old Greg has had pretty much nothing to do since season 1 and after losing Aiden he had no one.  Now he has a family and I'm looking forward to how the relationship between the three of them develops.  A solid episode that had an amazing cliff hanger ending!

Judgement:  Another Barbara reference, this time relating to the fact that she hasn't recovered yet.  Glad you guys are keeping us up to date.  Greg testifying against Sofia and then Fitzgerald's cross examination gave me goosebumps.  She may not be much use in a fight but Fitz rather scared me here with the lengths she was going to to try and help Sofia.  I can't wait to see how her and Greg's working relationship is after that.  I didn't realise until I finished reading the episode that Xander just kinda disappeared after telling Fitzgerald that Sofia had been taken.  She told him he'd be needed as a character witness and after that he wasn't mentioned again.  Strange.

Gold Watch:  Frankie-centric = Big YAY!  Although the fact that she has completely lost her slayer powers now really upset me but then I felt all proud that she took it in a positive way and decided to be formally trained as a watcher.  Maybe she will rejoin B-squad as their watcher or maybe go back to A-squad.  Delaney and Greg bonding really made me smile.  It's about time they both had someone to talk to.  Erika and Maria have gone.  I was sad to see Erika go but I never really felt for Maria so her leaving didn't really bother me.  And I already guessed that it was Cerys turning the life support off but I can't wait to see what Fitzgerald does about it.

The last couple of episodes I've read have had five acts but I think I prefer it when there was just 4.  Was there any particular reason that you guys decided to use five acts?

Online el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Thu Sep 10 2009, 20:18 »
Both episodes came in long and there wasn't time to edit them down fully before they went to air, because they both needed 20+ pages tog o to bring them back to normal limits. I personally think it's a sign of bad pacing when an episode that's meant to be a one-hour drama spills over like that, so we try to avoid it wherever possible!

Offline ChrisH

• Always believe in something.
  • Community Supervisor
  • Optimistic. Snarky. Believes In Stars.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #34 on: Thu Sep 10 2009, 22:25 »
Although we do need to pack a lot in to make the season work. And there's nothing wrong with a little bit of extra Slayer Academy, right?  :D

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Thu Sep 10 2009, 23:23 »
Definately nothing wrong with extra Slayer Academy but it just felt a little awkward reading those two episodes after being so used to the standard 4 Act set up of the past 3 and half seasons.  I definately welcome any extra time for Frankie though, I love reading her.

Offline ChrisH

• Always believe in something.
  • Community Supervisor
  • Optimistic. Snarky. Believes In Stars.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #36 on: Mon Sep 14 2009, 00:33 »
As do we all....

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Mon Sep 21 2009, 14:17 »
Had a busy couple of weeks so fell behind on reading season 4 so I had a mini-marathon reading the rest of the season yesterday/today and all I can say is wow.  Wow, wow, wow.  You guys have set up a hell of a lot for next season haven't you.  I'm kinda happy that Sofia took a backseat for the last few episodes of the season.  Like I said in an earlier post I didn't want this season to be all about her redemption.

For the most part I love reading Reiko but her two references to Paris Hilton in Destiny Part 1 and 2 irritated me.  In an earlier post I said that I thought you were tieing the Jossverse into his Fray comic by using the virus to wipe out the slayer line and now we find out that Reiko is the last of the chosen, maybe that is why there hasn't been a slayer for centuries.

I never really liked Maria so her death didn't really bother me until I saw what it did to Erika and what it pushed her to do.  Big shock there!!!  I hope that you guys find someway to close her story off without going the easy route and having her 'cursed' with a soul.  Looking forward to reading her and Skye's run ins next season.

Speaking of souls Victory now has hers back.  I wonder if the academy are going to take her in and help her to recover and then let her joint he ranks.  Or will she be sent to a council facility as punishment for what she's done?  If you do have her at the academy then I hope you guys do a better job of portraying her trying to come to grips with what she has done than they did with Spike in Buffy season 7 as that annoyed the shit out of me.

I hope Hamish is dead, I never really liked him as the villain.  I'm hoping that Jilhandra will be back next season though.  I'm waiting for her and Kira to have their final showdown.  I would have preferred it if Delaney lost her magic because she broke her rule and killed Jendayi but it also made sense that she lost them they way she did.  Looking forward to see her cope without her magic but I guess it's kinda balanced out now that Greg is as powerful as he is.

Rachel!  I was genuinely upset when she died, as in I was close to tears.  However seeing as how her body went missing I'm hoping (and praying) that she will be back next season, even if it's something as lame as her coming back as a pet cat for Reiko!  Hopefully her body wasn't taken by Hamish.  Did I mention how I don't like him?  Oh that reminds me.  Hamish is Delaney's father!!!!!  I'm really intrigued as to what Kira put in her magically sealed envelopes.  I wonder if it mentions Hamish being Delaney's father?

The final scene with the reporters bombarding our girls with questions is amazing.  It opens up a whole new world of possibilities for plot lines.  I'm hoping for a mention of Faith and her old rogue ways or maybe even a cameo.  And I wonder if Buffy is gonna speak up about all the good she has done?  Eek, I'm insanely excited for season 5 now.  My only problem is that I'll have to wait each week for it.  Booooooo!

Online el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mon Sep 21 2009, 19:05 »
Woo! Glad you enjoyed it. We've certainly got a ot of plots up in the air for Season Five - hence why it's taking its time to come around - but we hope you'll like where we go with things.

Until then, don't forget that the 'One Year Later' webisodes are up for your perusal in the S5 board!

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mon Sep 21 2009, 19:23 »
Currently reading the season 4 webisodes then on to the 'One Year Later' ones...

nickvo09

« Reply #40 on: Wed Oct 6 2010, 21:03 »
So I'm on episode seven right now, just about to start it, and I'm liking the season so far. It seems a little syndicated, much like how Heroes starts a story then waits a few episodes before jumping back into it. I like the format this season, it seems much better than season three so far. I'm excited that Kira is finally going to be brought back into the show finally and I really want to know more about Hamish's, Debbie's and Maria's storylines for this season. I also want to know more about Josh's storyline and how he got his powers. One question I do have is if the virus afffects every Slayer, then will this tie over to Faith as well (preferably without any spoilers, since I still have a season of Faith to read, I'm on season four).

My favorite episode so far was Side Effects (episode five) since it brought the Shadow Men back into the fold and really made me want to know who the actual Chosen Line is.

But all in all, good season so far. Going back to reading now! :lol:

Online el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Thu Oct 7 2010, 09:19 »
Ah, Faith S4 takes place before this season of Slayer Academy, so the Virus won't be mentioned until the final season of Faith - it takes place between seasons, if you get me.

Which reminds me, I need to make a better MZP Jossverse chronology timeline soon...

Online el Monstruo-0

• MZPtv Founder
    • MZPtv
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Thu Mar 26 2015, 12:18 »
I've just put the Season Four 'soundtrack' I edited and mixed on while I'm at work - hoo boy, this is bringing back some feels right now

Offline Matthew Steele

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Writer/Comic Enthusiast/Showrunner
    • My Personal Blog
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #43 on: Thu Mar 26 2015, 12:31 »
I've just put the Season Four 'soundtrack' I edited and mixed on while I'm at work - hoo boy, this is bringing back some feels right now

That is fantastic. Good feels or bad feels?
"Familiar Worlds. Original Stories."

"I ate some bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S." - Deadpool

"You come in and your whole goal is to write the story you would like to pick up and read that day more than any other one in the world." - Scott Snyder