* Directory

Lost an episode? Need quick mobile access? On the hunt? Check out...

The MZPtv Directory

Every script. Every episode.
Every movie.

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Spiders: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: FATE  (Read 8833 times)

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
FATE
« on: Thu Mar 12 2009, 13:59 »
What's it about?
Dawn Summers thought she was finally free of the legacy that shaped her existance. But Fate has not forgotten The Key, nor has it forgotten other souls in the world lost without purpose. Now a single purpose gathers Dawn and a rabble of mismatched characters together. Find the keys to Fate before the very balance of good and evil is destroyed.

Who's in it?
Dawn Summers - Represented by Michelle Tractenberg

Sister of slayer, reformed klepto, former green glowy light of chaos and doom, Dawn is now ready for college and all the normal angst that goes with it. Instead, she gets a few tough lessons in her destiny as The Key.

Samuel Zabuto - Represented by  Keith David

A former Watcher who abandoned his prophetic predictations after his skills failed to protect his Slayer, Samuel has lost his calling. But there is no louder call than a "chosen one" that needs guidance.

Devon Payne  - Represented by  Jewel Staite

No soul is more adrift than one without dreams or passions. Devon is a natural telekinetic with all the damage that comes with it. With past ties to Watchers, Slayers, dimensions and chaos, Devon is more closely tied to Fate than even she knows.

Jason Mandrake - Represented by  Jensen Ackles

Jason Mandrake is more than just a relic hunter and adventurer. He's a passionate and reckless seeker, and there's no greater prize than the answers to the hidden questions inside him.

Nadya - Represented by Sophia Myles

Powerful but insecure, Nadya craves an escape from her past and a new path to channel her hopes and dreams into. Saving worlds from chaos might just be the ticket she needs.

General Stats
  • Universe: Angel and Buffy
  • Type: Scripted virtual spin-off
  • Timeline: After Chosen and Not Fade Away
  • Relation to comic books: None
  • Genre: fantasy, adventure
  • Rating: If you can watch the parent shows, you can read this
  • Warnings: adult concepts, but little cussing or nudity
  • "Known" S1 guest characters: Buffy, Spike, Giles
  • Theme Song: Redemption by Conjure One

Disclaimers:
  • All recognisable characters belong to Joss Whedon and related writers, companies and entities. No profit is being made from this virtual series. No  copyright infringement is intended.
  • The actors used to represent new/original characters have no affiliation with this series, and are merely being used as avatars for the imagination. Feel free to replace the characters with whomever you see inside your mind.
« Last Edit: Thu Oct 1 2009, 05:53 by Roonblah »

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
Re: FATE
« Reply #1 on: Thu Mar 12 2009, 14:00 »
Fate Part 1 PDF Episodes

* Spoilers Below *

1x01 Lucky Me
Circumstances that seem "fated" bring a strange array of characters together. Now the Witch, the Hunter, the Watcher, the Enigma and The Key must make a choice that will affect worlds.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x02 Et Tu Chaos
The world-hopping Fatelings arrive on a world of trade, but they get a nasty surprise when the ruler of the world takes a keen interest in Nadya and Devon's own past visit on the world surfaces.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x03 Conspired Learning
The Fatelings are given a different point of view on a world dedicated to dimensional travel. Of course, that doesn't mean that they don't find trouble too.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x04 Flashback
Bending time becomes the Fatelings' next trick as they try to retrieve something that was destroyed 20 years before in holy fire. It should be a case of quickly in and quickly out... but a mysterious priest with ties to the Knights of Byzantium has another idea.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x05 Enemy Mind
The Fatelings arrive on a world devastated by a mysterious being that has left the survivors insane. As the circumstances grow frighteningly familiar to Dawn, she realises that she might be the only one who knows what they now face.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x06 Burning
What seems like an easy deal turns into something a little too-hot-to-handle for one pair of Fatelings as they enter the seedy underground of vampires in Los Angeles.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x07 Identity
The Fatelings stumble onto a world where the land and people are in a constant state of flux. Worse, they seem to be stuck there... at great cost to the health of one their group.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x08 Passions Of A Beautiful Life
Everyone thinks that a little R&R is in order while Samuel bargains with a source. Just their luck that they're stuck in a town cursed with an unfortunate affliction: everyone is stuck in a soap opera.
1x09 Home Is Where The Hurt Is
After too many close calls, the Fatelings agree to enlist the aid of a trusted ally. But going home isn't always easy, especially when you have to face some home truths.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x10 Pieces
A trip to a modern and scientific world overrun by fantastical dragons leaves lasting fractures in some of the Fatelings.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x11 Fortress
The Fatelings, reduced in number by recent events, must still work together to take on a ruthless dictator on a peculiar midieval world.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x12 Shadows & Light
Dawn finds herself completely cut-off and alone when she enters a parallel dimension where shadows are more than what they seem to be.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
1x13 Vow
The Fatelings find themselves at odds and mortal risk when a hidden enemy finally makes itself known.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)

Fate Part 2 - PDF Episodes
Fate 2x01 - Friends & Stranger
The remaining Fatelings have to adjust to a new quest without the aid of dimension-hopping aids. But Planet Earth ain't exactly a bed of roses, and they soon find themselves aligning with a very convenient stranger.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)

Fate 2x02 - The Likeness
The repercussions of the group's Choice, leaves one of their own's life in the balance, while another makes a dangerous deal to rectify their decision. A dangerous foe finds its way into their midst and strikes while the group is vulnerable.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)

Fate 2x03 - Regress
Dawn discovers a new, but deceptive, aspect of being The Key. Devon and Jason try to head off a potential problem... that turns into a electrifying reality.

Notable guest avatars:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Wed Feb 27 2013, 18:48 by Little Miss Muffet »

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Thu Mar 12 2009, 14:01 »
Post your questions, comments and random thoughts on cheese here.

the11thdoctor

« Reply #3 on: Sat Mar 28 2009, 05:24 »
My Season One review:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Thu Aug 26 2010, 15:45 by Jake Diamond »

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sat Mar 28 2009, 14:57 »
Thanks for posting your thoughts Jake. Much appreciated.

Offline Dino

• The Original Ninja Reviewer
  • MZPtv Community Member
  • Why Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #5 on: Sun Mar 29 2009, 06:58 »
Bring on Season 2!  a-1

the11thdoctor

« Reply #6 on: Tue Mar 31 2009, 10:45 »
Testified!!

So... how's about it, Claire?

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Tue Mar 31 2009, 11:58 »
Erm. Yes. Well. Uhm.

You might have a long wait, unless I can keep the Script Frenzy momentum up. 2x01 is on its first draft, which doesn't really count because... urgh. I need Sarah-Jane to hit me with a "good dialogue" stick.

Feel free to grab me on chat and torture me with Enrique, Westlife, Smallvile chatter, Spike adorations or Max/Logan romance until I cave and finish something.

the11thdoctor

« Reply #8 on: Mon Sep 7 2009, 11:50 »
Well, we got a conclusion to Eternity. Suddenly a second season of Fate doesn't seem so impossible.

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Tue Sep 8 2009, 05:24 »
Lol yes. But I'm not the genius Angelo Shrine is.  ;)

the11thdoctor

« Reply #10 on: Tue Sep 8 2009, 12:19 »
Yes, you are.

I'm certain I'm not the only person who thinks this.

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Tue Sep 8 2009, 17:13 »
Thanks Jake. You are kind :)

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #12 on: Sun Nov 22 2009, 23:33 »
After all the wonderful things I've heard and despite my initial reservations as I'm not really a Dawn fan I decided to finally start reading Fate.  I read the first episode last night and at the start something just didn't click but by the end of the episode I was totally immersed in the world you have created.  I really enjoyed it and even didn't mind Dawn in this.  The only problem I have is that whenever I try and open episode 3 it tells me that the file is broken and won't open :(

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mon Nov 23 2009, 05:25 »
Hi Xander

Thanks for reading :) I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far.

I haven't been able to figure out what the problem with episode 3 is as I can access it from here (work). Once I get home, I will try and reupload and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again.

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mon Nov 23 2009, 12:07 »
Just tried to open episode 3 at work and it still won't open :(

Looking forward to finishing work at 5 and going home to read episode 2 and maybe 3.

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mon Nov 23 2009, 16:21 »
Hi Xander

I have re-exported and reuploaded the file:
http://roonblah.yolasite.com/resources/fanwritten/fate1x03.pdf

And just in case that doesn't work, I also have a less attractive RTF version:
http://roonblah.yolasite.com/resources/fanwritten/fate1x03.rtf

Hope that helps :)

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mon Nov 23 2009, 16:39 »
Thanks for trying Roonblah but it still won't work, I can access all the other episodes without a problem.  Maybe it's Fate that I can't read this particular episode.

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Tue Nov 24 2009, 05:15 »
Aah, but Fate is what I make it :p

Once more with feeling:
http://roonblah.yolasite.com/fate1x03.php

And if that doesn't work, then I think I'd better come up with a jaunty expository tune.

Offline Lukey

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Tue Nov 24 2009, 17:57 »
Yay that worked.  I have a rare day off work tomorrow so gonna read the rest of the season tonight and tomorrow so expect reviews.  Thanks for re-uploading so I can read.

:hug:

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Tue Nov 24 2009, 18:02 »
Oooh Hug emoticon!

I like virtual hugs. Not real ones. I'm a bit like Ned the PieMan in that regard. Only... a girl. And I don't bring people back from the dead.

Thanks  a-1

Offline khurd15

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: Fri Nov 27 2009, 17:25 »
Well I honestly cant wait for A season 2 to make an appearance.
I loved the series and Dawn is seen in a better light. And i cant wait to see it again

the11thdoctor

« Reply #21 on: Fri Feb 19 2010, 08:11 »
I am currently in the process of designing a "Bring back Fate campaign" to torture Roonblah until she caves and writes Season Two.

Offline Dino

• The Original Ninja Reviewer
  • MZPtv Community Member
  • Why Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #22 on: Fri Feb 19 2010, 08:40 »
Don't torture her too hard. I believe she's already writing episodes, but she wants them to be super-perfect. (Like they weren't perfect to begin with...) Also I think she'd rather want to have all the episodes written.

But then I can be a tad bit presumptuous, can I?  :laugh:

Offline Roon

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Fri Feb 19 2010, 10:44 »
Wow, that almost came out of nowhere. Have you been reading my twitter account today?  :D

Dino is correct. I am attempting to write the entire series before I post. Yes, entire series. It's really, really slow going, because a) I suck with time management or just, you know, suck, b) condensing the series into a smaller episode count has been causing me all sorts of noodle twisting to get the characters arcs back in line.

I can tell you that I am finally on the episode where a new regular is introduced, so I suppose that is some kind of progress (just don't ask me which episode I'm on, because that's just depressing)  :-P

Thanks for the interest. Sorry I am such a slow-poke. Oh for a pint of intelligence and motivation.  :beer:

the11thdoctor

« Reply #24 on: Sat Feb 20 2010, 05:16 »
(click to show/hide)

And there's more where that came from. How's that for motivation?