User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Re: The "Book You!" Thread by wzychee
[Today at 19:00]

Re: Decay by wzychee
[Today at 18:52]

Re: Decay by Andrew Corvero
[Today at 18:20]

Re: Decay by wzychee
[Today at 17:21]

Re: General TV Discussion by wzychee
[Today at 17:18]

Re:  General TV Discussion by Matt Latham
[Today at 17:16]

Re: General TV Discussion by wzychee
[Today at 16:46]

Decay by Andrew Corvero
[Today at 16:42]

Re:  General TV Discussion by Matt Latham
[Today at 16:35]

Re: The Music Thread by wzychee
[Today at 16:21]

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 50
  • Dot Spiders: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic:  The Walking Dead  (Read 59819 times)

Offline Jadams

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 168
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #770 on: Mon Mar 20 2017, 19:09 »
Personally, I hate the guy. I don't think he feels natural, and he comes across as a wanna-be Negan... But if you like him, that's cool. :)

Offline Dex

• MZPtv Community Member
    • Caydem Falls: The Series
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 122
« Reply #771 on: Tue Mar 21 2017, 20:55 »
  Simon certainly comes off as more unstable, which is kinda scary but I never get the sense he actually has the authority or desire to actually do a whole lot. Maybe it's because he's always acting against Gregory, the second biggest wuss on the show, that makes all his posturing seem a little weak.

I really like the actor, though. Steven Ogg might be the only actor to actually build a career off of starring in a Grand Theft Auto Game so that's kind of impressive. Plus I can't wait to see what alcohol he claims to prefer when Gregory offers him the Tequila.

What I like about Negan is how calculating he can be. Where most villains would have killed Rosita on the spot Negan had the foresight to seek out the maker of the bullet and gained himself an invaluable asset. Killing the only Doctor seemed like a dumb and rash decision but it let his people know that nobody's safe and he clearly had a backup plan for medical care.

Offline Harper

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #772 on: Wed Mar 22 2017, 01:12 »
Surprised to read Negan described as "calculating." You yourself pointed out earlier that he's constantly antagonizing people for no good reason except that he's bored and it's funny to him, and thus he's carelessly sewing the seeds of rebellion. And he could have tracked down the bullet maker and killed Rosita, thus eliminating someone who he's only just further incentivized to take another shot at him -- which, surprise surprise, is exactly what she's doing. That's the opposite of calculating.

Beyond that, I thought the last couple episodes were aaaaaaaaaaaalright. The show is really limping towards the start of the war at this point, but I guess I'm used to that. At this point, I'm content to look forward to the next season, when it looks like stuff will actually start happening again.

Offline Dex

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: Wed Mar 22 2017, 03:34 »
  I think part of not killing Rosita was because she wanted it and the same reason he let Rick live. If you break the boldest and the baddest they become a living reminder not to mess with Negan. That and she only had one bullet, was a few feet away and still didn't get the kill. First impressions being what they are I wouldn't have worried about that chick too much either. It's a risk for sure but a calculated one.

I also don't think my original assessment of Negan was correct. Now, I think his button pushing is a sort of gauge. He says or does things nobody would ever let him get away with in the real world and their reaction tells him if the leash is tight enough or not.

Obviously he's gonna face a threat beyond what he can handle eventually but it's not gonna be because he's a cocky asshole, it'll be because he's a Tyrant.

Offline Harper

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #774 on: Wed Mar 22 2017, 07:58 »
I disagree, but I don't want to bog down this thread with disagreement. I'll just post one more thing in spoiler tags, so anybody who doesn't want to read me being negative and pedantic doesn't have to. Then I'll wait until next season to post again.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jadams

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: Wed Mar 22 2017, 20:49 »
Am I the only one who didn't really enjoy this last episode? I think the second half of this season has been far stronger than the first, but I just found the most recent episode so frustrating - it slows down the pace of the series and shows us I whole ton of stuff we didn't need to see. Plus, I really don't care for Sasha or Rosita...

Anyone like this episode? I'd love to here people's thoughts on it.

Offline Jadams

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: Mon Mar 27 2017, 21:42 »
Not really sure on the most recent episode to be honest. I thought the action was fun, and there was - certainly - some interesting stuff going down, but it felt clunky, the plot had moments that made my eyes roll, and the structure felt off. Also, very predictable in its decisions.

Offline Dex

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #777 on: Tue Mar 28 2017, 02:19 »
  Yeah, it felt like a "sliding pieces into place for the finale" kind of episode. The Sasha stuff felt a little out of place in my opinion. They were so few and far between in the beginning that I'd kinda of forgotten about her until she came back on.

Offline Vaughn

• Admin Badger
  • Admin Consultant
    • The Parcel View
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 243
« Reply #778 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 13:08 »

Offline Matt Latham

• Admin Stout
  • Admin Consultant
  • my love is cool
    • The Bottle Episode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #779 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 14:09 »
Giving The Walking Dead up was one of the best decisions of my life. I remember it being good once. I think.

Offline Vaughn

• Admin Badger
  • Admin Consultant
    • The Parcel View
  • Liked:
« Reply #780 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 14:24 »
I am still addicted. I can't help it :(

Offline Jadams

• MZPtv Community Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #781 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 16:51 »
I am still addicted. I can't help it :(

Me too. However hard I try to break free, it keeps pulling me back.

Offline Vaughn

• Admin Badger
  • Admin Consultant
    • The Parcel View
  • Liked:
« Reply #782 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 16:52 »
We have almost matching avatars that prove it :D

Online wzychee

• Vindictive Ass
  • MZPtv Community Member
  • Some people eat bugs.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #783 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 20:19 »
Giving The Walking Dead up was one of the best decisions of my life. I remember it being good once. I think.

I stopped watching on the episode where they introduced Jesus. I had been hate watching for years at that point, but that was the one where I was like 'what the fork am I doing?' It was like an episode removed from half the town dying, and there were like three jokes in the first several minutes and Rick and Daryl were off on a Scooby Doo adventure. It had already become a soap opera, but I wasn't down for soap opera and cartoon. I had read that people were digging Fear the Walking Dead (I noped out pretty early after the first season because the character stupidity seemed to be turned up to 11), but saw the other day that they're doing a time jump to catch up with TWD next season or something. Those showrunners should all be lined up against a wall and shot.

Offline Vaughn

• Admin Badger
  • Admin Consultant
    • The Parcel View
  • Liked:
« Reply #784 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 20:21 »
I kinda wanna check in with FTWD at some point because the casting for the upcoming series looks freaking awesome (mostly Garret Dillahunt + Morgan moving over from the mothership)

But I really didn't like s1 :(

Online wzychee

• Vindictive Ass
  • MZPtv Community Member
  • Some people eat bugs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #785 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 20:31 »
I hated season one. It sort of suffered from being a spinoff in that I didn't want to spend half a season with people learning what zombies were again -- especially without the payoff of learning how it actually started. And the characters were pretty meh, if not outright annoying. I was rooting for both kids to be killed from the start, and was so very sad when neither died.

Offline Matt Latham

• Admin Stout
  • Admin Consultant
  • my love is cool
    • The Bottle Episode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #786 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 21:53 »
I spent all of season one trying to figure out what it was trying to tell differently from the parent show aside from the CSI trick of changing the colour balance settings in post. It's all just blending together the same thing.

Online wzychee

• Vindictive Ass
  • MZPtv Community Member
  • Some people eat bugs.
  • Liked:
« Reply #787 on: Mon Feb 12 2018, 23:47 »
I was really down for it when it was announced, especially since it was supposed to take point at the outbreak (even though those goddamn sadists refuse to show us the cause out of spite), and in general, I like the idea of getting different perspectives of different survivors, but I would have been happier for it to be from the point of view of a military squadron who survived or from some batshit crazy survivalists in the hills in Appalachia that didn't even know that anything had happened; being that it was just another group of people with no real difference in viewpoint aside from it happening on the west coast really kind of killed the initial excitement.

Online wzychee

• Vindictive Ass
  • MZPtv Community Member
  • Some people eat bugs.
  • Liked:
Re:  The Walking Dead
« Reply #788 on: Thu Feb 15 2018, 01:21 »
So I was looking for something to watch tonight, and decided I’d give season two of FTWD a try. I made it about half an episode before a character did something stupid and noped out real quick.

Tags: